Friday, October 31, 2008
I always liked this category on Jeopardy! too: Potpourri!
1) Your work day is done and the brain is fried, what do you do?
Go to the gym and watch The Barefoot Contessa as I'm pounding away on the treadmill. (Ironic, wot?)
2) Your work week is done and the brain is fried (for some Friday, others Sunday afternoon), what do you do?
Go home and try to enjoy some mindless TV and enjoyable magazine reading (yes, I multitask my recreation)...but find myself falling asleep on the sofa.
3) Like most of us, I often keep myself busy even while programs are on the TV. (Yipes. RevGal read my mind.) I stop to watch "The Office" and "30 Rock" on Thursday nights. Do you have 'stop everything' tv programming or books or events or projects that are totally 'for you' moments?
You know, I even multitask while watching my heroine, Rachel Maddow. But -- when I garden, or when I'm grocery shopping at the food coop, I'm "in the zone."
4) When was the last time you laughed, really laughed? What was so funny?
At our house we really laugh quite a lot of the time, usually while we're snarkitizing television programs or while we're in the car. It doesn't take much.
5) What is a fairly common item that some people are willing to go cheap on, but you are not?
Food. We will cut back on other things to avoid eating cheap/processed/hormonally enhanced/genetically altered/chemically tinkered-with crap.
Bonus: When was the last time you gave until it felt good?
I am feeling gratified about getting my congregation hooked up with a needy local family through our county social service agency, and actually seeing people get excited about helping these folks. And I of course get geeked on anonymously fulfilling Christmas wish lists. Love it. And Fellow Traveler is getting a similar lift getting our Sunday School kids involved in sending Christmas greetings to troops overseas and disabled veterans.
Posted by LutheranChik at 6:48 AM