I'm still pondering my Friday Five -- I was overprogrammed and a little slow on the uptake yesterday -- so in the meantime, with a hat tip to the Rev. Scott of Nachfolge :
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? I was named after my mother's nurse in the hospital.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? The last time I watched Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. (Please don't laugh.)
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? I've been told that it's awfully tiny and physician-like...but it works for me.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Roast beef or tavern ham.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Just the furry kind.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I hope so.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? No; I'm rolling my eyes because I have a tic.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS ? I thought I had my tonsils and adenoids out when I was five -- I remember the hospital visit, the scary trip to the operating room, the post-op sore throat and ice cream/ginger ale float -- but later on in my medical career a doctor informed me that my tonsils were still there. Hmmm.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Oh, heavens no.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Maple-brown sugar oatmeal.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Um...sometimes...
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? I used to be back in my farm-girl days; now, I think not so much; although I haven't had to toss hay bales for a couple of decades.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Ben and Jerry's Phish Food.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Whether or not they're smiling.
15. RED OR PINK? Red.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My teeth. Even after adult orthodontia. The only thing keeping me from caps is the scary memory of my friend's exposed tooth nubbin when hers fell off. You have to have a certain amount of courage, or vanity, or both, to let a dentist do that to a perfectly healthy tooth.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My parents. I think they might be happy that I've finally grown up, mostly.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Huh?
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Battered blue denim jeans; no shoes.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Bacon, fried potatoes and an over-easy egg. (We felt like eating a hearty breakfast before the U of M - Ohio State game.)
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Said game.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Burnt Sienna. (I know they don't make this color anymore...but I just like the name.)
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? The aroma of frying bacon, potatoes and onions this morning was pretty darn pleasin'.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Fellow Traveler.
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS? I like all my online Lutheran buds.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Basketball, baseball and freestyle skiing.
27. HAIR COLOR? Let's call it maturing brown tweed.
28. EYE COLOR? Brown.
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No.
30. FAVORITE FOOD? Today it's bacon, fried potatoes and an over-easy egg.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings; although a good psychological scare once in awhile can be fun.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Harvey.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? A slate blue sweatshirt with white humpbacked whales on it.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Autumn.
35. HUGS OR KISSES? Depends who we're talking about...but kisses are nice...
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? Dark chocolate; pumpkin or lemon meringue pie.
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I think most of my Constant Readers are up for a good meme.
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod LGBT Awareness Committee.
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING RIGHT NOW? The Feeling Good Handbook by David Burns.
40. What's ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? What decade is this?
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT? God help us, while unsuccessfully channel-surfing for good Friday night programming we wound up watching something called Keeping Up With the Kardasians -- it seems to be about blingy spoiled rich girls throwing tantrums and then everyone crying and hugging at the end of the episode. Where's Diners, Drive-Throughs and Dives when you need it?
42. FAVORITE SOUND? This morning, the sound of frying bacon, potatoes and eggs.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles; but the Stones get a B+ for their homages to the blues.
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Toronto.
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I can imitate the purring-cackling sounds of a happy chicken with startling realism.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Outer Podunk, Michigan.
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? Random facts about others are always interesting.
48. WHAT TIME IS IT NOW? 12:41 EST.
If you're reading this -- tag! -- you're it. Have fun.