Friday, April 28, 2006

Powers and Principalities 101

Has anyone else found the nightly news juxtaposition of the oil companies' record profits and the UN's cutting food rations to refugees in Darfur by half -- that's below the minimum number of needed calories to sustain health -- troubling? No; not troubling; more like making your brain want to explode?
Lord, have mercy.
Christ, have mercy.
Lord, have mercy.

Lutheran World Relief , and other church relief agencies, are working in Darfur. Please send them some money, even though I know it's rough for most of us right now.

"I had rather a hundred times spend my life's energies working to heal the injustice around me, and never once speak of God ... than spend life converting others to God, while I gave not a snap for prisoners, slave camps, wars, starving peoples, the sins of the mighty. To what God would I be converting others, in such a demented case? In what God would I believe?" -- Dorothee Soelle

No comments: