Wednesday, September 19, 2007
The Ten Commandments -- With Pirattitude
Hail, me hearties! The peace o' the Lord be wi' ye!
An' also wi' ye!
Ahoy, mates! Yes, it's time once again for Talk Like a Pirate Day. Interesting how anything, even The Law, becomes more fun if you read it pirate-style. So without further ado:
The Pirate Ten Commandments
1. Avast on all other gods, an' avast on them graven images too.
2. Don't be usin' My name unless ye mean it, or I'll 'ave ye walk the plank.
3. Remember who provides yer swag and booty and show yer gratitude every week.
4. Don't be disrespecting yer Mum and Da, ye mutinous whelps.
5. Avast on killin', ye scurvy knaves.
6. Stow yer oar where it belongs, if ye get my meanin'.
7. Keep yer grubby mitts off of swag that ain't yers.
8. Tell the truth or I'll 'ave ye keelhauled.
9. Don't be wantin' to moor to someone else's berth.
10. Don't be wantin' someone else's lad or wench or booty.
Posted by LutheranChik at 8:54 AM