This week's RevGalBlogPals Friday Five is all about the holidays (belated Happy Canada Day, by the way, to all of you above the border):
1. Barbeques or picnics ( or are they essentially the same thing)?
With the disclaimer that Southerners and Westerners would both take offense at our labeling our wienie roasts and grilled chicken dinners "barbecues" -- to me a picnic means cold chicken or sam'iches, potato salad and the like, toted outside in a picnic basket. I love grilling at home; picnicking away from home.
2. The park/ the lake/ the beach or staying at home simply being?
I like being home (either one) for the holidays.
3. Fireworks- love 'em or hate 'em?
I enjoy them. The dogs, not so much.
4. Parades- have you ever taken part- share a memory...
Being in a parade is really not an item on my personal bucket list. Although I am looking forward to watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade this year right in NYC...booyah!
5. Time for a musical interlude- if you could sum up holidays in a piece of music what would it be?
Oh, that's got to be "Stars and Stripes Forever."