Saturday, September 24, 2005

Good News/Bad News Quizzes

I just took two quizzes on *Christopher's blog. The bad news is...I am a Geek...more scientific in my thinking, much less empathetic, at the cusp of very smart and very stooopid.

No suprises there. True story: I'm in a butcher shop, not all that long ago, and the counter person is exhibiting aggressive eye contact, calling me by my first name (I sometimes have to wear a name badge), leaning way over the counter to talk to me, even touching my hand. My initial impression? "Wow -- she's getting mightily excited about meat. She must really love her job." Honestly; that's what I'm thinking, at the time. It's only in the car, miles away, that the creaking gears of my social-intelligence mentation finally kick in, and I realize that I've just been hit upon. Which probably explains why I'm 45 and single. And, of course, there goes my Preferred Customer discount.

Now, the good news: I am a Devoted Lover. I just wanted to share that. For the record. You'll have to beat me over the head with a 2-by-4 to get my attention, but once you do -- I am yours.

3 comments:

Closed said...

Well for what it's worth, those quizzes don't say a lot. Your sermons leave all of us wishing we were so smart.

Closed said...

Well for what it's worth, those quizzes don't say a lot. Your sermons leave all of us wishing we were so smart.

Tom in Ontario said...

I'm More Scientific and Unusually Smart. 85% Scientific Intuition, 70% Emotional Intuition.

And I'm The Classic Lover. 45% partner focus, 33% aggressiveness, 30% adventurousness.