Thursday, October 06, 2005

Singing in the Reign

A few weeks ago I was noodling around in the Psalms, and I found myself wanting to sing one to a familiar LBW psalm tone. I kind of liked that. One thing led to another, and I ordered this set of tapes: Singing the Psalms: How To Chant in the Christian Contemplative Tradition by the Rev. Cynthia Bourgeault.

I've just barely begun the first tape, but I already know that I'm going to enjoy this. Bourgeault says, of chanting the Psalms as part of one's spiritual discipline, "I love it. And it works." Sounds like a good reason to try.

 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Cathy said...

This book looks right up my alley!

Will have to check it out!
Cathy

Cathy said...

Ok, I found it, am I really going to like it? How much music is on there? I just heard a sample of all lecture.

Where did you find it? I found it at:
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/soundstruestore/aw00379d.html

LutheranChik said...

I got mine through Amazon; actually, it had to be ordered from a bookstore in the U.K.

LutheranChik said...

I've just started listening to it, so I haven't gotten to the "how to" part yet.

Charlotte said...

Oooh. When I finally get around to posting my piece on chant for OTOL, I'll link to it!