Monday, July 18, 2005

Playing Hooky

You know, there's something about taking a vacation day -- even one that I've scheduled for over a month -- that feels so...well...naughty.

I'm getting in the Intr pid and just driving somewhere (especially before anyone from work calls and says, "Sorry to bother you on your day off, but...."). Maybe I'll take my camera along.

From the LBW's collects:

O God, give us times of refreshment and peace in the course of this busy life. Grant that we may so use our leisure to rebuild our bodies and renew our minds that our spirits may be opened to the goodness of your creation; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

2 comments:

bls said...

Have fun! Blog us when you get home, so we'll know you're safe!

;-)

(I love doing just what you're doing: going "somewhere." I go there as often as I can.)

Anonymous said...

I know that "naughty" feeling - and sometimes it causes me to feel such guilt that I cannot really enjoy the gift of time which I have given to myself (and which God gives to me).

-C