Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pumping Up

After jawing about it, after roundtuit-ing about it, for weeks...we finally went to the gym today after I got out of work.

The Outer Podunkian Gym is amazingly well equipped for our little town: lots of weights; ellipticals; spinners; treadmills; steps; things I couldn't identify. And -- perhaps not surprisingly for a town whose citizens are heavily dependent on Camels, bologna and bottled oxygen -- there was only one other customer.

It was fun. I did a brisk mile and a quarter on the treadmill, playing around with pace and resistance, then spun around on the stationary bike for a few minutes.

Tomorrow we're going on the grand tour of the equipment and getting some help figuring out weight training routines for our individual needs.

Fellow Traveler is the only person who could ever get me out in public in shorts, much less turn me into a gym rat.

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
celticjulia said...

Congrats to the two of you for starting a workout regimen! This will give you plenty of strength for the Bible study.

toujoursdan said...

I do some of my best reading on the stair master at my gym.

You'll really feel a difference in a month or so. (And it really helps with elevating mood.)

Enjoy it.

LutheranChik said...

Maybe I'll crack open some Tillich. No...not even a treadmill could make me get through Tillich.;-)