Friday, June 06, 2008

Friday Five: Picture It

This week's Friday Five is all about pictures:

1.How important is the "big picture" to you, do you need a glimpse of the possibilities or are you a details person?
For me the devil is in the details. If I'm not careful I can get completely mired in details and lose the big picture entirely.

2. If the big picture is important to you how do you hold onto it in the nitty gritty details of life?
Anti-anxiety medication and therapeutic self-talk helps. Sometimes. A little.


3. Name a book, poem, psalm, piece of music that transports you to another dimension
I love so many kinds of music that it's hard to pin down a particular artist or style as sending me more into "the zone" than another. One day it might be Bach; one day it might be Afro-Cuban music; one day it might be the blues.


4.Thinking of physical views, is there somewhere that inspires you, somewhere that you breathe more easily?
I do have a thing about being around trees. My road, for instance, is in a wooded area where the trees arch over the roadway and meet in the middle, creating a green, leafy tunnel. I love walking through this.


5. A picture opportunity... post one if you can ( or a link to one!)
Well, I'm not where my digital photos are right now, but for some cool photos of northwest Michigan -- one of my very favorite places to be in the whole world -- check out The Leland Report .

2 comments:

Choralgrrl said...

Hi! re: #3--totally get it. Me, too.

#4--This is going to be rather paler than the ACTUAL experience, but some of my favorite movie scenes are in those leafy tunnels: Tess of the d'Urbervilles, Forrest Gump, Much Ado About Nothing. Lovely, lovely.

Mavis said...

I just love those leafy tunnels. There was one on a road we traveled regularly as children. It still gives me a special feeling when I pass through it. We used the letter L for my Mum's tribute at her funeral - Love, Laughter, Lore and Light (but Loyalty, Loneliness, Lollies (candies in USA), and Letters were also there.