Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Whine and Cheese

It was a sunny winter day here in Outer Podunk, and I -- stuck at home with the flu for a second day -- was starting to feel like a whiny, morose little child, nose stuck against the window pane, watching the world go by.

My wonderful partner came through with a pleasant surprise -- a wine-and-cheese sunch/lupper (at 4:00-ish). On the plate: wholegrain Ritz Toasteds with chunked colby-jack and Parmesan. In the glass: RH Phillips' 2004 Night Harvest Shiraz, from the bargain bin of our favorite wine purveyor.

I love Parmesan as an eating cheese. And it tasted so good with the Shiraz -- a very rich, velvety wine with strong blackberry and black cherry flavors, very similar to a Merlot and a lot classier than the under-10-dollars price might suggest.

3 comments:

Diane M. Roth said...

nummy

Kathryn said...

Sounds great...Hope you feel better soon, and meanwhile I offer diversion in the shape of the "middle name meme" here

Kathryn said...

Now...did that comment post or not, I wonder? Forgive me if this is a double post...
Hope you're feeling better today, and might like to indulge in a little light meme here