Sunday, March 08, 2009

I'm Baaaaack...

But I am so tired I can barely type.

As I suspected, spending the better part of two days with two lively 90-year-olds has left us all -- Gertie the Wonder Pup included -- barely conscious.

For an enjoyable no-cook supper tonight we had wine and cheese courtesy of Whole Foods in Ann Arbor -- a handful of cheeses from the "no-commitment" remainder bin and some chardonnay. (For any cheese fans out there, try asiago fresco -- that's baby asiago, before it turns into the hard cheese we grate onto salads and pasta; it's soft and sweet but very flavorful -- and a harder, earthier Alpine/Teutonic some'in some'in called Hirtenkase, which we liked a lot. We also tried a very soft, mild and nutty Brie-like cheese with a yellow-tinted rind...it was called, I think, Le Brun Daffnos, which I couldn't seem to Google...and a hard Italian cheese that was a bit like Parmesan but with a fuller, less sharp flavor.)

And now, ladies and gentlemen, we bid you all adieu as we collapse in the comfort of our own home.

1 comment:

zorra said...

Now collapsing in the comfort of my own home too--but thanks for the tip about the baby asiago; I'll check my own WF for that.