Thursday, March 08, 2007

How Weird Am I, Really?

Remember memes? Once upon a time new memes seemed to spread through blogdom every week. I got a kick out of them.

Well, here's a new one, courtesy of RevGalBlogPal Cathy at Cathy Knits and More. Even though the rules state that I need to tag six readers to continue the meme, I'll let you decide if you want to play too...just tell me if you do so I can read your responses on your blog. So, without further ado, here is the Weird Things About Me Meme:

RULES: People who get tagged need to write a blog post of 6 weird things about them as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names.


1. When I am at home and deep in thought, I often find myself pulling the collar of my sweatshirt or PJs up over my mouth...not to chew, mind you; just to pull over my mouth. I don't know why I do this; I just do.

2. I hate making left-hand turns. In order to avoid left-hand turns on busy corners I will drive a block or more around the neighborhood, then go straight across on a light. I add extra time to my travel itineraries in cities because I know I'll be playing games like this en route.

3. I do not care to stand under large, dead trees. There's something sinister and creepy about them. When I was a small child I was actually afraid of being anywhere near a dead tree.

4. When I'm out of town and staying at a hotel, I enjoy reading the Yellow Pages of whatever community I'm in.

5. I think that Rice Krispies and walnuts, mixed together, make a mighty fine snack.

6. One of my favorite housekeeping tasks -- really, about the only one that doesn't make me want to run away from home -- is steam-cleaning the carpet.

I'm sure Fellow Traveler and my coworkers could provide you with several dozen more Weird Things About Me, but this will have to do for now. So go blog!

5 comments:

revhipchick said...

i do the same thing as #1. for some strange reason i find it comforting. i pull the collar up over my nose and then it will slink down to my mouth.

too funny! great meme!

i think i'll go play!

Cathy said...

I, like you, do the same thing as #1 and I don't know why. I pull it up over my nose and it eventually slides down.

Also,I like reading the yellow pages in a town I am visiting.

Terri said...

Fun play...thanks for sharing.

chartreuseova said...

I'm the same on #2--I also hate to parallel park and will walk a mile to avoid it.

And #4--you can tell much about a community by their Yellow Page listings.

And #6--I do convince hubby to fill and empty the steam cleaner, but it's one job where you really see, feel and smell the results. That and I think I like it because it's not a weekly task.

Oh, and that Pink Floyd song I was thinking about on my blog was Money, but Comfortably Numb also fits.

LoieJ said...

#4, yes...they have articles about history (I love local history), and parks, and I can find out if any of the surrounding communities have a store devoted to my favorite hobby.

Then I think, how sad is this, sitting in a cheap motel room, reading the phone book. Then I think, well ok, better than in a bar by myself.

Besides I'd never been in a motel by myself until the last few years. I'm too old to go to a bar by myself.