Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Ice, Ice Baby

This hardly ever happens...we were hit with an ice storm overnight, with more freezing rain expected today, and I got a call from my boss this morning telling me not to try to drive in to work.

Whoo-hoo!

So I got back into my stretchy pants and MSU sweatshirt...lingered over my coffee...read the Morning Prayer...read through some chapters in Exodus where God is getting really bipolar...and am getting ready to clean my oven. A lone car has ventured past on the glassy blacktop. A gaggle of goldfinches are snacking on my thistle sack; a nuthatch is pulling sunflower seeds from my gen-u-wine squirrel-proof Duncraft feeder. It's going to be a good day, at least as long as the power stays on.

Cody, overcome with emotion at the thought of spending ALL DAY with the Chik Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Sue said...

Sweet! Enjoy your day. I managed to shovel out of another foot of snow this morning, after doing the same thing twice yesterday, so alas -- here I am at the office. Sigh...I covet your stretchy pants and sweatshirt!

Emily said...

Remind me, down here in moisture-starved Oklahoma--what does precipitation look like?

Unknown said...

I could really use a snow day, or an ice day. (Don't remind me that I had a holiday yesterday, okay?)

LutherPunk said...

We had one of those not that long ago, but the ice caused the lights to go out for about 6 hours. Not fun when you have an 11 year old.

Cathy said...

I really do think Cody and our Chin Chin are brother and sister....
they look so much alike.

Girl said...

Hnmm...yesterday it was 10 degrees...today is is 50 and raining. CrAzY!!

Thank you for de-lurking yourself. Come visit any time!

Nice to 'meet' you.

--girl

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Is Cody a Maltese? He must be!

I have two: Josie and Boudreaux. Greatest dogs ever. (Besides Cody of course!)