Wednesday, January 25, 2006

25 Weird Questions

The latest meme to make the rounds:

1. When you looked in the mirror first thing this morning, what was the first thing you thought?
"Where did my eyes go?"

2. How much cash do you have on you?
Nothin' -- I'm wearing pocketless sweatpants.

3. What's a word that rhymes with TEST?
Breast. (I guess I just flunked the psych evaluation for seminary.)

4. Planet?
Out. (Stee-rike two!)

5. Who is the fourth person on your missed calls?
Mr. Slick Gladhand, sales rep, calling back with a quote for a project I'm working on.

6. What is your favourite ring on your phone?
That'd be no ring, since all my phone calls are either for work or are annoying telemarketing calls. But I think the question refers to cell phone ringtones. I don't own a cell phone (sounds of bodies dropping to the floor throughout the blogosphere). But if I did, I might like to follow my friend Melancthon's lead and use the opening notes to "A Mighty Fortress." Or one of the cheery psalm tones. Or the opening to the Gospel Acclamation: "Word of Life, Jesus Christ/all glory to you." Any of those.

7. What shirt are you wearing?
My chill-out blue sweatshirt.

8. What do you label youself as?
Hand Wash Only; Do Not Iron

9. Name the brand of shoes you've recently worn.
Stylish black Massini pumps from my semi-exclusive clothier, the House of Meijer. On major sale; retail is for suckers. Best $20 I've spent in a long time.

10. Bright room or dark room?
Semi-dark.

11. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Telling myself a story; listening to the wall clock chime twelve times.

12. What did the last text message on your phone say?
See #6; I just have a Luddite phone.

13. Where is your nearest 7-11?
35 miles away, more or less.

14. What's a saying you say a lot?
"Not so much."

15. Who told you they loved you last?
My little dog, with whom I was just snuggling, murmured, "Ah-wah-wah-wah"; which could be "I love you," or my real/non-blogging name translated into Dog, or maybe just indigestion.

16. Last furry thing you touched?
See #15.

17. How many drugs have you done in the past three days?
Diltiazem; Mircette; Advil. Not much of a buzz, man. Bummer.

18. How many rolls of film do you need to get developed?
What is this "film" of which you speak?

19. Favourite age you've been so far?
45 -- last year was a pretty good year. 44 was okay too.

20. Your worst enemy?
Oh, that's easy -- me. Always.

21. What is your current desktop picture?
The Christ Pantocrator icon from St. Catherine's Monastery in the Sinai.

22. What was the last thing you said to someone?
"It's yucky medicine time!" (Addressed to the dog.)

23. If you had to choose between a millions bucks and being able to fly, which would you choose?
Show me the money!

24. Do you like someone?
Oh, I like lots of people, including my fellow bloglings. If you mean like like -- ahem -- depends on who's doin' the askin'.

25. The last song you listened to?
"My Father's Eyes," Eric Clapton, playing in the supermarket this evening.

2 comments:

Conrad said...

I also do not own a cell phone.

I do have caller ID at home so that I don't have to answer the phone. The home phone has voice mail that I check at least once a month.

I do have to check the voice mail at work, but they are paying me.

Given my druthers, I would just as soon never talk on the phone without pay!

Christ Pantocrator looks more anglo than I would have expected from 6th century Sinai. I guess National Geographic's image may not be so close to the truth.

Maybe we can find someone with a photograph of Jesus.

LutheranChik said...

Oh, I love this Christ Pantocrator. It's so three-dimensional...it reminds me of Roman funereal portraits, many of which were quite realistic.