Saturday, December 24, 2005

Unto Us a Child Is Born

The Gospel does not merely teach about the history of Christ. No, it enables all who believe it to receive it as their own, which is the way the Gospel operates. Of what benefit would it be to me if Christ had been born a thousand times, and it would daily be sung into my ears in a most lovely manner, if I were never to hear that he was born for me and was to be my very own? If the voice gives forth this pleasant sound, even if it be in homely phrase, my heart listens with joy, for it is a lovely sound which penetrates the soul. -- Martin Luther, Christmas sermon


A happy and blessed Christmas to everyone!


"Unto Us a Child Is Born," Hanna Cheriyan Varghese Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Emily said...

And a blessed Christmas to you, LC!