Friday, December 12, 2008

Makin' Bakin'

The baking game is on -- on despite fatigue and funk and other tasks on the agenda.

So far I have made about five dozen oatmeal-cranberry cookies (inspired by a cookie I had at the local coffee shop) and a large pan of Toll House cookie brittle, which is basically flat shortbread studded with chocolate chips and nuts.

On the horizon: gingerbread (I'm trying a new, ueber-spicy recipe); a couple different jam bars; peanut butter blossoms; must-have sour cream sugar cookies. If I'm feeling perkier I might even try my hand at spritz cookies, which I haven't made in decades -- cute and fast.

This is all, by the way, for export only. We're pretty much over Christmas cookies at our house. Prime rib, on the other hand...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hear you about the export only ... teenage son and his girl are baking ginger Christmas cookies as I write .. and I'm hoping these are for gifts for OTHER people!