Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Moving

We spent not quite two hours at Cold Comfort Cottage tonight continuing to pack and pitch. The new owners have already been busy ripping out carpeting and getting ready to paint. They also, despite our explaining our available timetable to them, took it upon themselves to pack up some of my stuff -- basically to put it in trash bags and load it up in the middle of the dining room.

We were pretty annoyed. It felt like being evicted, even though I was told we'd have all the time we need to get my belongings out. And, interestingly -- we found out that the buyers are actually going to use the house as a rental instead of using it themselves, as they'd told me they were going to do. There goes the neighborhood; good thing we're leaving.

Our friend Mel is going to help us finish up the job this weekend. We're also working our network to maybe find a burly teen or two to help load the furniture.

I'm having unpleasant flashbacks to all my college-era moves. I hate this. And if I have a biopsy Friday, and am rendered worthless in lifting, I'm going to hate it more.

2 comments:

LoieJ said...

I'm sure it feels bad to be lied to even if it might not matter to you in the future.

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

Thinking of you and praying for you here, esp. if that biopsy does happen tomorrow.