Monday, October 08, 2007

"All We Are Saying..."

If you're looking for peace activism in my state, you won't find a lot of it in Outer Podunk. When I travel in more progressive parts of the state like Ann Arbor or northwest Michigan and see anti-war signs on people's lawns, I wonder how they'd play back home, and conclude that they'd probably provoke Bubba into some front-yard vandalism, or worse.

Lately, though, I've been noticing a few signs cropping up on people's lawns around here. They're simple black signs bearing a single line, with citation, from Psalm 34: SEEK PEACE AND PURSUE IT.

I wonder if Bubba would react in a different way to those.

1 comment:

LoieJ said...

I don't see signs for anti-war either, but I think most people around here would feel safe expressing themselves in most situations. The area hardly ever fields a republican candidate in any elections. Paul Wellstone was our senator until his untimely death; his memorial is in our area. And a couple of years ago, I heard a grey haired lady at Bible Study call Shrub the devil.