Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Water and the Word

Funny thing: Yesterday morning I was noodling around with a response to someone's question on a Beliefnet forum. I found a quote from Dan Erlander, in Baptized, We Live, that seemed apropos. But then one thing led to the other, and when I re-read it again I thought, "Nah," and answered the post in another way. I forgot about the Erlander quote.

This afternoon I encountered two other conversations over there where the Erlander quote made perfect sense. Aha!

If good things really do come in threes...I'll just post the quote here too, just in case it's what someone needs to hear today:

Because of Baptism we are Christians. Never does our status before God depend on...
- how we feel
- having the right experience
- being free of doubts
- what we accomplish
-our success or our position.


Hmmm...maybe I need to hear that today.

1 comment:

LoieJ said...

Exactly. Fortunately.