Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Silver Lining Behind Pat Robertson's Haitian Earthquake Comments

You, know...his blaming the earthquake in Haiti on an apocryphal Haitian "deal with the devil," and calling it a "blessing in disguise." (See/hear here .)

The silver lining? It inspired me to coin a new adjective: asshattic. Used in a sentence: "Pat Robertson and  Rush Limbaugh  are asshattic fuckwits."

You're welcome.

Meanwhile...numerous relief agencies are mobilizing resources to send to Haiti. You know what to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL @ the new word! Sometimes I will refer to bad behavior as 'asshattery'. Kind of fits.

My husband and I were in the car when we heard Pat Robertson's comments being replayed on NPR, and my husband said what we're all probably thinking:

'Does anyone actually take this guy seriously anymore? Does he have much of his brain left?'

I married a smart man. :)