Friday, April 20, 2007

Where Have I Been?

Cold Comfort Cottage and its counterpart down the road have been whirlwinds of activity this week...Fellow Traveler got the startling news that her anticipated surgery was being scheduled for next week, not next month, so after dismantling our initial plans for this event we have been busy trying to get things ready for her imminent trip to the hospital and recovery back home; the last we've heard is that she will be in the hospital for only about three days, including pre-op time. (And to make things worse, I have a mandatory workplace commitment I have to keep one the day of surgery -- that, and The Way Things Are Around Here, have meant that this tumultuous thing is going on in my life, and I have hardly anyone to talk to about it; I'm having to put on a brave face and soldier on.)

So I haven't been blogging, or reading blogs; it's easier and faster to feed my need for online communication via the "drive-by" discussion forum method, when I have a moment.

And this Sunday we're having our new addition dedication, with the synodical bishop in attendance; I am on deck as assisting minister, and am trying to compose a set of worthy Prayers of the Church while waiting for choreography directions from my pastor, who is in his own whirlwind this week.

Don't be surprised if the posts here are sparse...or, on the other hand, if I decide to discharge my anxiety by blabbing about it here.

7 comments:

The Simpleton said...

Oh, LP, that's a big load on your shoulders. You and FT are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

When next week? We've got some praying to do on the day...

Kathryn said...

Hugs and prayers for both of you...will be thinking of you.

LutheranChik said...

Wednesday is the day, in the morning.

Susie/Nueva Cantora said...

Lots of hugs and prayers!

Reverend Dona Quixote said...

Many, many hugs and prayers for you and FT.

1-4 Grace said...

Belated hugs and prayers. Hope it all goes/went well. :)