Wednesday, September 27, 2006

She Cooks, Too

One of the swell things about Fellow Traveler is that she too likes to cook. Our weekends can be like a friendly version of Iron Chef.

Here's one of her recipes. We tasted it at someone's open house, and liked it, and she got the recipe. She made it for our last church potluck, where it was a great success. It's also amenable to additions and substitutions.

Crockpot Sauerkraut, Kielbasa and Beans

a pound of kielbasa
a jar of sauerkraut, well rinsed and drained
a can of navy or great northern beans, with liquid
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 TBS ketchup


Put this in a crockpot, stir it all together and let it simmer all day. That's it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds pretty good. And pretty Lutheran. It might just replace my Tomato Aspic stand-by for church pot-lucks!

Scott said...

man, that does sound good. Maybe I'll try it soon. Would turkey kielbasa work as well as regular, do you think?

LutheranChik said...

Oh, I think it'd be fine. Actually, I think you could also add other meats besides the kielbasa -- maybe some fresh or smoked pork.

Mata H said...

OK I bought the ingredients today -- this sounds yummy for autumn. The only thing I will vary is that I got a pound of sausage-sized kielbasa as opposed to one big chubby one. It's time to haul out the crockpot tomorrow.