Thursday, September 07, 2006

Happy Wheatland!

It's the second weekend in September, and I am headed for the Wheatland Music Festival in Remus, Michigan. Actully, first I'm headed for my fall lay ministry training event, then to Wheatland. They're each a kind of alternative universe to the one I live in most of the time, and are both great fun.

In case any of my readers (how many are we up to now? Eight?) live in Michigan and are within reasonable driving distance from Remus -- if you hold up your hand, Remus is about an inch and a half down from the junction of your middle and ring fingers, halfway between Mt. Pleasant and Big Rapids -- tickets are still available. Enjoy some great music, at one of three stages or out amongst the campers; dance; walk the juried art fair; hang out at the music workshops; people-watch; eat; catch some late-summer rays. I'll be the one in the technicolor tie-dye shirt; you can't miss me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read you down here in Texas. That makes at least nine, don't you think? :) I can't even remember how I found your blog, but I have been reading for a pretty good while -- you know, I am one of those voyeur types.

Ed

LutheranChik said...

Yo! Ed! I think you're the barbecue guy, aren't you? -- you responded to a post about barbecue?

I know that as a Texan you generally scoff at Yankee barbecue, but if you're ever traveling in central Michigan, the little ice cream stand in Clare ("Gateway to the North") -- I think it's called Dairy Phil -- has surprisingly good barbecue, with Southern accoutrements like deep-fried okra. They smoke their own meat -- ribs, beef and chicken.

Hi, Gypsy! Not too far from Outer Podunk, eh?...hmmm.

Anonymous said...

Nope, I'm a vegetarian so I don't do much commenting on (or eating of) barbecue. I once thought the best barbecue was in roadside stands in Memphis when we traveled through. Never ate any in Michigan

Ed
Richardson, Texas