Monday, February 06, 2006

We Think You're Just Sensational, Meme!

Just got meme-tagged by bls . This meme is a new one on me. Let's see how it goes:

Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.
1) Jeni
2) Anastasia
3) Haligweorc
4) Topmost Apple
5)LutheranChik's "L" Word Diary

(I had to delete the name "corndog"; this makes me sad.)

Next, select five people to tag:
1) RainbowPastor
2) Songbird
3) Dash
4) Purechristianithink
5) Christopher H

(And anyone else. If you're blogless, you can do your meme here.)

What were you doing 10 years ago?
A decade ago I was working as a professional legal proofreader, in another city. I hung out with a wonderful group of equally overeducated, underpaid, non-corporate colleagues who kept one another sane. (There were days in our office when we laughed so hard that our sides literally hurt. It was like working with a half-dozen standup comedians.) We also used to hang out evenings and weekends; we'd go to the movies, we'd go out to eat, we'd go antiquing and "adventure-tripping," occasionally traveled to Interlochen Arts Academy for concerts and musicals. At this point I had jumped the Christianity ship and was a solitary Goddess-y agnostipagan; I was part of a snail-mail/e-mail round-robin of same. I was happy to be the age I was, finally getting comfortable with who I was; life was going pretty well, I thought.

What were you doing 1 year ago?
One year ago I had just turned in my enrollment papers for my lay ministry training; I was also beginning to blog, and fretting about learning HTML. (Something I've still failed to do, by the way.)

Five snacks you enjoy:
A. Popcorn
B. Coconut or chocolate sorbet (or, better yet, coconut and chocolate sorbet)
C. various assorted salty, crunchy things
D. Ben & Jerry's Phish Food (not only tasty, people, but also theological! Chocolate fish -- Theobromo...fish!)
E. Scottish shortbread

Five songs you know all the words to:
A. The Beverly Hillbilliestheme song
B. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2
C. If I Had a Hammer (from my three-chord-guitar career)
D. Night and Day - Cole Porter
E. Galileo - Indigo Girls

(Just five? And does my stirring rendition of the Moody Blues' "Late Night Lament" count? Breathe deep the gathering gloom/watch lights fade from every room/bedsitter people look back and lament/another day's useless energies spent/impassioned lovers wrestle as one/lonely man cries for love and has none/new mother picks up and suckles her son/senior citizens wish they were young/cold-hearted orb that rules the night/removes the colors from our sight/red is gray and yellow white/yet we decide which is right/and which is an illusion)

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
A. Blow this pop stand and move somewhere else -- into a small, cottage-y house that would nonetheless be my house, that I could do anything I wanted with
B. Invest in the porcelain crowns that I'm currently too cheap to get because they need to be replaced every decade
C. Send some surprise big checks to a few beneficiaries that mean a lot to me, that I'd really like to help more than I'm able to now
D. Get DSL
E. Buy some art -- not hugely expensive art, but art that speaks to me.

Five bad habits:
A. Procrastination
B. General lack of self-discipline
C. Always assuming the worst about myself and others
D. Clutter
E. Overthinking

Five things you enjoy doing:
A. Reading
B. Listening to music
C. Recreational cooking
D. Indoor/outdoor gardening
E. Walking/hiking

Five things you would never wear again:
A. a mini-skirt
B. boy-cut pants
C. bras with boning in them
D. pantyhose (not entirely avoidable, but I do my best)
E. a pageboy

Five favorite toys:
(You're tittering. I know you are. Even the clergyfolk. Minds out of the gutter, you scamps! We run a wholesome blog here!)
A. my computer
B. my digital camera
C. my stove
D. my robotic book light
E. my toy dog

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is a robotic book light? It sounds scary, like something one uses only to read science fiction.

Unknown said...

Oh, thanks, LC, but I played this one already: http://revsongbird.typepad.com/set_free/2006/02/tagged.html
One of my "never wears" was similar to yours. And my toy list was boringly clean.

LutherPunk said...

Hey, thanks for sponsoring the Text Week Page this week. I use that from time to time to help foster ideas.

LutheranChik said...

The robotic book light is way cool. I bought it at a charity silent auction.

It's stainless steel, the size and shape of a small cellphone; very thin; with a clip on it. When you press the button on the side, a light suddenly lurches upward, then bends over. Wow! A book light you can clip onto a book! The light is very intense, too. And when you're finished, you just press the light back down and it snaps back into place. And I know that I lead a very boring life, and thus am amused by things that don't amuse others, but all my coworkers/fellow bidders thought this was a pretty cool dealie too.

LutheranChik said...

So, anyway -- I need someone else to take the challenge. Go for it!

Rainbow Pastor said...

Gahhh....I'm on the top of the list. Does that mean I'm tagged? (she whines, knowing it does)

All right, give me a bit and then come over and check it out.

http://rainbowpastor.blogspot.com/

Rainbow Pastor said...

OK, it's done!