Thursday, September 15, 2005

Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups

Constant Readers know that I do not often wax political on these pages, but I just have to say...I listened to "Fresh Air" today on my way home from work, and Terry Gross' interview with Robert Walker , a lobbyist, former congressperson from Pennsylvania and former chairperson of the Science Committee, made my hair stand on end. Give that interview a listen. With knucklehead idealogues like Walker helping shape science and technology policy in our country, God help us all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scary!

bls said...

I heard that, too, and it made me really angry.

First, the guy says over and over again that he's "no expert on Intelligent Design [sic]." Well, if it's science and it belongs in the classroom as a "competing theory" to the Evolutionary Theory - and since he's the Director of Scientific Affairs Whatever in the Bush Administration, he'd better damn well be an expert in it. What a load of crap we get from these people!

Second, they continually try to shift the blame from themselves to "leftist activists" - in this case, to somebody nobody's ever heard of - the President of the Amercan Association of Scientists! Walker was actually trying to sell the idea that it's leftists who are making a big deal about Evolution!

What a bunch of creeps and bastards, really. Have they no shame at all? Do they really think we're a bunch of idiots that will swallow whatever diversionary swill they spew over the radio?

God, I can't stand the politics in this country anymore.

And here endeth the rant. For today.

LutheranChik said...

Have they no shame at all? No. No, they don't.

Do they really think we're a bunch of idiots that will swallow whatever diversionary swill they spew over the radio? Yup; pretty much.

Actually, fuckwit was my epithet of choice, driving along listening to this drivel. (I've been hanging out with the Brits on the Ship of Fools.)