Thursday, June 22, 2006

Slow Food Fast: Two Recipes

So...anyway...I've been doing a lot of cooking lately.

Quick cooking; cooking I don't have to do a lot of thinking about.

Here are two recipes that have good things in them, are fast and taste good:

Tuscan Tomatoes and Beans
1 can Italian-style diced tomatoes (which you can fake, if you just have regular diced tomatoes, with the addition of onion, garlic, basil and a little bit of olive oil)
1 can white beans of your choice, drained
rosemary, to taste
extra garlic, if you wish
2 TBS of balsamic vinegar


You mix these ingredients together and simmer them for maybe a half hour. That's it; that's all. Serve over pasta of your choice (whole-wheat is good), with some grated Italian cheese of your choice. It is even better if you make it the night before, then reheat it the next day.


LC's Easy Pasta Salad
2 cups dried rotini or penne pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
about 2 jars marinated artichokes, drained (I tend to "borrow" artichokes out of the jar, so it's probably more like a a jar and a half in my actual recipe)
roasted peppers, jarred with garlic
black or pitted kalmata olives, drained
olive oil
balsamic vinegar
cracked pepper

good quality grated Parmesan/Romano cheese

Mix ingredients in proportions pleasing to you. (Pick out one or two of the garlic cloves in the pepper jar, chop and add those.)

You didn't really want that Lean Cuisine, did you? I didn't think so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These recipes look YUMMY! Thanks for sharing them with us. :)

Have you tried Dreamfields pasta? It tastes more like regular pasta, but more healthful. My kids actually eat it without rolling their eyes. I'm in a work-sponsored healthy living program, and the nurse there told me about it.

Trish said...

Wow, this post actually makes me wish I could cook. I can't. You should have seen my attempt at chocolate chip cookies the other day... :)

LutheranChik said...

Ah, but see, you don't even have to measure ingredients in either of these recipes. They're easy.

BTW, you can't ruin a chocolate chip cookie.;-)