Sunday, June 18, 2006

RevGalBlogPal Friday (Kind of) Five

Better late than never...

In what kind of environment do you sleep best? (e.g. amount of light and noise, temperature, number of pillows, breathe-right strip, sleeping in the buff, etc.)
Minimal light and sound; not fussy about pillows as long as they're there; need lots of warmth. (I am a big fan of oversized flannel nightwear for about 10 out of 12 months of the year, and also use layers of blankets on my bed. Yes, I know; I'm so sexy it hurts.)


How much sleep do you need to feel consistently well-rested?
How much can you get by on? What are the consequences when you don't get enough?

I find seven hours of sleep just about right to feel well-rested. I usually get six, punctuated by one potty interlude for the dog. If I don't get enough sleep, my cognitive ability and perception plummet to dangerous levels.

Night owl or morning person? Definitely morning person. I love to be up extra early, to slowly ease into the day.

Favorite cure for insomnia? Prayer; or, alternately, detailed fantasies involving subjects like landscaping, interior decoration and so forth.

To snooze or not to snooze? Why or why not? No; too stressful. I'm one of those people who, if I'm afflicted with insomnia, will lie in bed thinking, "Dang -- three more hours until I have to get up...dang -- two more hours until I have to get up...dang -- one more hour until I have to get up."

1 comment:

Ruth said...

What is this "morning" thing I keep hearing about? Is it that time that occurs before noon? If so, I'm not entirely conscious then....eyes open perhaps....conscious...no

:)