Friday, June 29, 2007

Friday Five: Gifts and Talents

Astoudingly, we were talking about a lot of this stuff at my lay ministry pow-wow last night; so imagine my surprise to see the RevGalBlogPals Friday Five this morning:

1.Personality tests; love them or hate them?
Oh, I loooooove them. If I see one in a magazine, I am compelled to take it. Whether I actually learn anything useful from them, or if it's just an exercise in narcissism, is another question.

2. Would you describe yourself as practical, creative, intellectual or a mixture ?
Yes. But probably less practical than the others. Which I suspect makes life a little harder for me and the ones around me. ("Ground Control to Major Tom....")

3. It is said that everyone has their 15 minutes of fame; have you had your yet? If so what was it, if not dream away what would you like it to be?
Because I work in public relations on a local level I have a certain degree of extremely localized "fame" -- get a byline in the local papers every now and then and do a regular 1-minute radio PSA on a local station. This is probably as good as it gets; but if I dared to dream, I might dream of becoming a regularly published essayist.

4. If you were given a 2 year sabatical ( oh the dream of it) to create something would it be music, literature, art.....something completely different...share your dream with us...
Oh, literature, definitely. Those essays. About all kinds of things.

5. Describe a talent you would like to develop, but that seems completely beyond you.
Is life organization a talent? I think probably so. That'd be it. Not living in physical and mental chaos. Oh, and swimming...which is less a matter of feeling that it's beyond me and more a lack of opportunity for adult "Swimming For Dummies" lessons where I live. (Ironically, here in the lake-studded northwoods there are almost no formal swimming classes for anyone over the age of about 12.)

3 comments:

Diane M. Roth said...

great! and I totally get you on "practical."

hip2b said...

If you really want to swim, call up the local pool and ask if someone gives private lessons. Most of the time these classes aren't advertised, because they're private.

LutheranChik said...

What is this "local pool" of which you speak? (Yeah; I'm that far out in the boondocks.)