Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Recipe Swap: Tofu Manicotti or Shells

Since my personal blog-satan/heckler apparently gets really pissed off when I share recipes here instead of Doing Theology -- it is my pleasure to share a recipe.

We made this this past weekend -- I should say it was my plan to make it, and I got a head start on it, but when I started to wilt because of my illness Fellow Traveler did most of the assembly work. It's part of our plan to eat more vegetarian food. It was very good, and tasted exponentially better the next day. If you're a dedicated vegan and don't mind vegan cheese, try that instead of the dairy cheese.

Tofu Manicotti or Shells

1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
olive oil
1 package chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1 package tofu
1 package mixed shredded Italian cheese
a few generous tablespoons of chopped parsley
some generous shakes of your favorite Italian herbs
manicotti or jumbo shell noodles, cooked
your favorite marinara or other spaghetti sauce

Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until soft and transparent but not brown. Mash tofu; add onion, garlic, herbs and half the cheese. Stuff into noodles. Place noodles in baking dish. Pour sauce over noodles; sprinkle with remaining half of cheese. Bake at 350 degrees until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted.

1 comment:

LutheranChik said...

Oh, that's a good question. My local supermarket carries the vacuum-packed little packages...I am guessing, like, 12 ounces.