Friday, January 16, 2009

Meet My New Facebook Friend!

No kidding. "Jesus Nazareth" has added me as a friend. (I should add that, my Lutheran theological underpinnings aside, after finding out about his Facebook presence from another blog I sought him out and asked him to "friend" me. Potato, po-tah-to; we know what's really going on.)

Seriously: When I first read about this mysterious entity (whose profile can be found here , I suspected it might be the snarky work of a "cultured despiser of religion"; or some "soul-winning" fundamentalist with a particularly acute hubris problem; or an author gathering material for a quirky future bestseller; or just a merry prankster not terribly concerned about the ramifications of the Second Commandment.

But...I like this JC. He posts, and collects from friends, lovely Jesusian artwork. He has a rather droll sense of humor. He's a fan of, among other people and things, dogs, cats, babies, Notre Dame, Greenland, Stan Musial, "Family Guy," Yemen, Avril Lavigne and the Detroit Tigers. And I detect at least a hint of deeper theological stuff going on when he shares moments like "Jesus is brushing his teeth"..."Jesus is eating toast"..."Jesus is hiding with a family in Gaza"..."Jesus is walking with soldiers in Israel."

I gave Jesus a shout-out this morning and asked him to think of me today. He said he would.

2 comments:

Auntie Knickers said...

I'll be thinking of you too, and praying for you.

LoieJ said...

Gosh weird. Do you think he will get information about my personal doings? And know my inner thoughts?