I missed the Friday Prayer Pals post...missed the Friday Five...missed the Preacher Party. Yikes...where've I been the last week?
Oh, well...better late than never. So here are my Friday, now Sunday, Five:
First list five things that you remember/ treasure from 2008:
1. Our trip to New York City and Thanksgiving with The Kids.
2. Our vacations in the Leelanau, and stays at the Sleeping Bear Bed and Breakfast. We've had marvelous times there -- even in the middle of a howling blizzard.
3. Our adventure trips involving Aunt Helen and Aunt Alice.
4. Our adopting Miss Gertie into the family -- well worth the initial anxiety and property damage. She is a sweet, loving dog, and her ongoing happiness with life -- her daily attitude of "WOW!" -- is inspiring.
5. The Big Move.
Then list five things that you are looking forward to in 2009:
1. Slowly and lovingly repairing the damage to mind, body and spirit that happens when you're in an unhappy organizational situation day after day, with every morning feeling like a walk down the plank.
2. Learning some new stuff -- webmastery; Spanish.
3. Getting our new veggie and herb gardens established.
4. Fellow Traveler doing some continuing education of her own -- in her case, learning how to make stained glass. A friend of ours is a talented newbie in this art, and loves it.
5. A new lack of anxiety over the condition/upkeep/expense of Cold Comfort Cottage -- which I may or may not have mentioned here has been sold to the neighbors, who evidently had their eye on the property for some time. In this terrible housing market, getting an unsolicited, reasonable offer for the place was as close to a miracle as I could imagine. I will miss the front porch...and, really, that's about it. It wasn't my childhood home, and it's never really felt like much more than a way station throughout my sojourn there. So I wish the new owners well.