I am having a really crappy day today, so maybe it's a good thing that our Friday Five is about "My Favorite Things" -- our little touchstones that make us feel better when we're angry, sad or frustrated.
A quick list of five for me:
1. Green plants, indoors or out, mine or someone else's.
2. James Taylor -- aural Xanax for the middle-aged.
3. Pets initiating contact. It's one thing to be friendly to an animal; it's another for an animal to be friendly to us.
4. A snowy or rainy day indoors.
5. Sleep. It's not just that I need to sleep; I enjoy sleeping. I enjoy the sensation of being tucked into a nice warm comforter in the dark and just drifting off into oblivion. I know people who actually dislike and fear that same sensation; not me.