Saturday, August 09, 2008

Preaching and Procrastination

I just got tomorrow's sermon done.

It's amazing how easy it is to procrastinate during the writing of sermons. Some of my procrastinatory byways today have been:

-Freezing four quarts of snap beans

-Making a new batch of hummingbird nectar ("They're so hungry...")

-Pondering the construction of a terrarium, for capturing a small bit of Cold Comfort Cottage woodland to take as a keepsake to The Big House

-Spec-ing my future garden plot at The Big House

-Comparison-shopping for a new bread machine

-Watching CNN, Olympic women's soccer, Run's House and Psychic Kids

-Looking for chutney recipes in the Ball Blue Book

-Volunteering to make dinner (BLTs and nuked corn on the cob)

Good thing I don't have to preach a sermon every week.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Good thing, or those hummingbirds would be fat.

Like ours are for some reason...

Auntie Knickers said...

I don't know, it seems like a great way to get a lot done -- and you did get the sermon done also! God be with you tomorrow as you preach it.

Processing Counselor said...

Dinner sounds great. I never nuked corn on the cob. Does it work well? (The BL is Jewish and won't eat what she calls 'pig products' so I must eat my 'pig' out, alas.

celticjulia said...

Well, at least you weren't sitting around eating bon-bons. Glad you got it all, esp. the sermon, done!
Love the Friday 5s and look forward to them.

more cows than people said...

sounds like a very productive day to me. maybe you should write sermons more often!

Ruth said...

I had to talk myself out of SO many other activities in place of writing.

Going for a long walk did win, however. I as done by midnight (somehow my normal bedtime).

Trish said...

How'd the sermon go? I went a totally different way than what I said last time. Ha. Funny the way things go sometimes. :) And it sounds like you were productive while you procrastinated, at least...

LutheranChik said...

I think I'll post my sermon tonight when I get home...it was very short, to match the August attendance/attention span of our congregation.;-) I thought it preached okay.

Crimson Rambler said...

This is hilarious, and reminds me that my children used to say the quality and quantity of dessert served at our house went up when Ma had a paper due...!!!