Friday, August 01, 2008

Friday Five: Barrier-Free Edition



This week's Friday Five is all about barriers, literal and otherwise.


1) How do you amuse yourself when road construction blocks your travel?
Because I am an impatient person, usually I amuse myself by slipping off onto a side street and trying to find a route around the construction. If this isn't possible, I listen to the radio, drum the steering wheel and mutter to myself.

2) Have you ever locked yourself out of your house? (And do you keep an extra key somewhere, just in case?)
Yes and yes. I've also locked myself out of my car; one time at church -- I'd inadvertently locked my keys in the trunk while putting away a potluck casserole dish -- which was highly embarrassing, and necessitated my borrowing the pastor's beaten-up back-garage emergency hoopty to drive all the way home to get my spare key, which of course I didn't have on my person.

3) Have you ever cleared a hurdle? (And if you haven't flown over a material hurdle, feel free to take this one metaphorically.)
The last real hurdle I was ever faced with must have been in about the eighth grade, and I'm sure I fell over it. Yesterday, young Gertie the wonderpup almost gave her human Mama a heart attack by hurdling, without warning, over a half-open Jeep side window as FT was driving the dogs into our local park for an afternoon run. Gertrude has the flexibility of a snake, combined with a lack of common sense -- a dangerous combination.

4) What's your approach to a mental block?
"Run away! Run away!"

5) Suggest a caption for the picture above; there will be a prize for the funniest answer!
"Preparations are underway for Cold Comfort Cottage's 'Alligator Room' Cleanup."

3 comments:

Muthah+ said...

Cromulent???--too much watching cartoons! How un Lutheran!

Unknown said...

At least the keys weren't in the casserole...

Processing Counselor said...

I like "Run Away"