Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Motivation

There are rumors, through the grapevine, of mumblings and grumblings in our lay ministry program...participants frustrated by a lack of consistent communication from the powers that be, who don't perceive that they're being mentored, who feel they're being subjected to the mushroom treatment, i.e., kept in the dark and fed organic matter.

I think I've largely worked through those feelings. Fact of the matter is, I just don't care anymore. I feel so disconnected from Church, Inc., that I have become largely indifferent to the arcane workings of the body that approves and evaluates participants in our program. As long as they keep cashing my enrollment checks and as long as they don't meet me at the door of my next retreat with a frown and "We need to talk"...life is good. Teach me more stuff. Check's in the mail.

No comments: