Friday, March 12, 2010

Where Are the Musical Lutheran Chicks?

There are murmurings around our church that Rachel Kurtz, one of the singers/songwriters on the Lutheran youth/campus ministry circuit, might be coming to our area this summer and stop by for a gig.

This would be great.

It's got me to thinking , though: Where are the rest of the women in Lutheran contemporary music?

Is it because contemporary Christian music is in general an unfriendly place for a non-Evangelical female Christian? Is it because male musicians have more appeal for high school and campus ministry types?

I don't have a theory. Just askin'.

1 comment:

LoieJ said...

I think that might be a good question to address to others who work in that area, such as camp directors and people who have worked in campus ministry outreach to churches. Since I know people like that, I'll try to see what they say. However this is a busy season for them, so don't expect a quick answer.