Friday, November 06, 2009
Friday Five: New and Improved Edition
This week's RevGalBlogPals' quiz challenges us to name five things we especially like when they're new. Hmmm. Let's think about this. The smell of a new baby has already been used as an example (and G-bambino is still in utero, although not for very long, so this is anticipatory, not actualized). Okay -- here goes:
1. Newly baked bread. (Maternal Grandmother said that day-old bread was better for the digestion...but we know better.)
2. The smell of a new automobile. (Yes, it's unhealthy to sniff the inside of new automobiles, but...I don't care.)
3. A new Old Farmer's Almanac -- I know this is very hokey, but it gets the new year off to a good start.
4. A newly scrubbed bathroom; there's something about the chemical freshness, the gleam of the mirror and porcelain, the squeakiness of the shower tile, the soft drape of a new set of towels, that makes you feel all domestically accomplished and hygienic -- even if it all only lasts for five minutes.
5. A new stack of library books, especially if they've been collected in a random, intuitive manner. There's a lot of potential in there.
Posted by LutheranChik at 1:21 PM