This week's RevGalBlogPals Friday Five centers on big plans for the upcoming summer season:
1) What home fix-it project is on your Big To-Do?
Well, the big biggie is fixing up Fellow Traveler's new stained glass studio in our front garage. This garage has been a catch-all for some time, including the flotsam and jetsam from Fellow Traveler's former home and mine. A couple of weeks ago we got serious about sorting through it all and either integrating it into our home, selling it at our garage sale or tossing it. So we have some brand new space perfect for crafting, but we have to paint the long main worktable, fix some plumbing, come up with a storage plan for supplies and spruce up the small office space attached to the building.
2) What event (fun or work) is on your Big To-Do?
I have to do double-time on my class, which is very easy to set aside for other intervening life events. And for the next two months I'm in rotation for office hours one day ata church.
3) What trip is on your Big To-Do?
We are reprising our first vacation in the Upper Peninsula. (Famously postponed for several days until Fellow Traveler could pass a troublesome kidney stone...we definitely do not wan to reprise that.) We want to visit the Wooden Boat Show in Hessel again -- Hessel and the Les Cheneaux Islands are a very pleasant destination -- and maybe strike out in a new direction.
4) What do you wish was on someone ELSE's (partner, family member, celebrity, etc...) Big To-Do?
Grading local gravel roads, definitely...we were exploring the county one evening when we hit a real washboard road, and poor Gertie wound up trembling in my lap.
5) Getting inspired? What may end this summer having moved from the Big To-Do to the Big Ta-da? Of course the glass studio; and an estbalished vegetable garden; and, if I can fit it in, the rock garden we've wanted to put in the back yard. We have the rocks...we just need to re-do the plantings.