Thursday, July 14, 2005

LutheranChik's Bedroom Secrets!

Oh, I knew that would get your attention.

I have been tagged by bls to participate in a "What's on the Table Next to Your Bed?" meme.

I'm afraid that I have a very boring bedside, since I spend almost no conscious time in this room of the house. Cold Comfort Cottage is my parents' downscaled retirement home, and what is now my bedroom was never really intended to be a fulltime bedroom; it was just a tiny, monastic-cell/dorm-single-sized spare room set aside for my periodic visits. I also hardly ever read in bed, because if I keep the light on too long at night my geriatric dog carries on so -- sighs in exasperation, turns around in circles, digs at the comforter and grumbles until I finally give in and turn off the lamp. ("Now you know what it's like to be married," noted my mother when I related these bedtime shenanigans to her.)

So, with that disclaimer...here's what's on my bedside table right now:


earrings du jour

a nail scissors

a small stack of "round tuit" correspondence, mostly people asking for money: my local public TV station; Lutheran World Relief; a medical bill for my annual spelunking.

my Itty-Bitty Book Light

my combination flashlight/radio, which I had to use the other evening when the power inexplicably went out in our neighborhood

a CD, Gregorian Chants For All Seasons by the Choir of the Vienna Hofburgkapelle

my Book of Common Prayer

and last, but not least, my retainer


I think I'll use this for my next personals ad.

(Note to any frowny-faced ecclesiastical busybodies reading this: I know that irony doesn't come easily to some of you, so allow me to explain that the above comment was a joke. And "retainer" is not naughty subcultural slang. I happen to brux my teeth in my sleep. I wonder why.)

Meanwhile...let's see; whom can I tap for this meme? How about...J.C. Fisher? That's what you get for posting multiple comments on my blog in one day, J.C.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I been tagged: Woo Hoo!

(Actually, I was gonna tag myself---AGAIN---after seeing the Bedroom Meme over at *Christopher's: I even started the entry. But I hadn't finished or posted it yet, so you get the honors of tagging me LC. Try to contain your, um, bedroom ecstasy *g*)